I welcomed students and took attendance. I collected any outstanding Dead Poets' Society Permission Slips. We visited the Media Center and went on a Library Tour with the VVMS Librarian, Mrs. Elliott. Students had the opportunity to learn about many different books available from the surveys the class took a couple weeks ago. Time was provided for students to search for and check out RIF material. Students read and responded to the blog entry Fear Case Studies Concepts. Students then filled out the Personal Fear Inventory from the Fear Module Packet. They also read the Stage Fright article from the Fear Module Packet.
Purple Writing Indicates New Assignments
- Present your Parent Persuasive Speech (DUE Tuesday)
- Give your speech to at least one of your parents/guardians.
- Have your parent/guardian fill out the evaluation form and sign the bottom of the sheet.
- Return the sheet by the due date (Tuesday) to earn 25 points.
- Respond to the blog entry Thank You Mrs. Elliott. (DUE Tuesday)
- Read and respond to the blog entry Fear Case Studies Concepts. (DUE Tuesday)
- Complete Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 of the Personal Fear Inventory in the Fear Packet. (DUE Tuesday)
- Read the Stage Fright article in the Fear Module Packet and respond to the blog entry Stage Fright Article Reaction. (DUE Tuesday)
- If you have not yet done so, give the Dead Poets' Society Permission Slip to your parent/guardian. Have them sign it and bring back to class. (DUE Tuesday)
- Log into your Netvibes account and complete the following: (DUE Tuesday)
- Create a new tab and label it My Interests. This refers to any appropriate site that you are personally interested in. For example, I may choose a Packers blog for My Interests page.
- Find 3 blogs (or websites with feeds) that relate to My Interests.
- If you'd like, vote on the polls.
- Check Mr. Buckley's LRT Blog (www.mrbuckleyslrtblog.blogspot.com) daily and complete any tasks that are added.
- Bring all supplies to class.