Friday, March 14, 2008

3-14-2008 (A Day) Happenings

I will not be in class today. Please follow the blog closely and be respectful to the substitute teacher. Thanks.--Mr. Buckley

I welcomed students and took attendance. I checked for supplies and I checked the Fear & Dead Poets' Society Review Sheet. I answered questions related to the Fear & Dead Poets' Society Test. Students took the test. I told a story about Bruce. Students responded to the Personal Experience Speeches blog entry. I handed out the Personal Experience Speech packet. I introduced and explained the Personal Experience Speech. Students began completing Parts 1-5 of the Personal Experience Speech packet.

Assignment
Purple Writing Indicates New Assignments
  • Respond to the blog entry Personal Experiences. (DUE Tuesday)
  • Answer the poll Overall, what did you think of the Fear Module. (DUE Tuesday)
  • Complete Parts 1-5 of the Personal Experience Speech packet. (DUE Tuesday)
  • Go to Edline. Download Removing Blogger Navigation Bar Instructions (from the Web 2.0 folder). Remove the Blogger Navigation Bar from your blog. (DUE Tuesday)
  • If you'd like, vote on the polls.
  • Check Mr. Buckley's LRT Blog (www.mrbuckleyslrtblog.blogspot.com) daily and complete any tasks that are added.
  • Bring all supplies to class.
All extra credit assignments are optional.
Mr. Buckleys' LRT Blog--mrbuckleyslrtblog.blogspot.com
Mr. Buckley's LRT Wiki--
mrbuckleyslrtwiki.pbwiki.com
Please remember that all handouts can be downloaded and printed out at http://edline.net/.

5 comments:

Aly B ( LRT 1/2A) said...

Mr Buckley,
I tried to take off mynavigation bar but it didn't seem to work? I was a little confused about where the red arrow was pointing. Also I decided not to take the test today since i had no time whatsoever to study last night so i was wondering when would be a good time to come in and take it?

Jon Buckley said...

Aly--I can help you in class with the navigation bar. No big deal. Regarding taking the test, you can take it before school or during Connect Time next week. Whatever works for you. Thanks.

Unknown said...

I think i'll take it during connect time tues. Thanks!

Mikey L 5/6B said...

I don't know what the navigation bar is.

Jon Buckley said...

Mikey--check in with me during class and I can show you the navigation bar. Thanks.