Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thursday, October 4 Happenings

Today I checked for supplies and completion of the Personal Fear Inventory. The class compiled results of the Personal Fear Inventory and then paired-and-shared about possible implications of the results. We then discussed some fear concepts in relation to the Personal Fear Inventory. I handed out the Dead Poets' Society study guide and set up the movie by establishing the setting and introducing the characters. We watched Part 1 of Dead Poets' Society, pausing periodically to answer study questions and discuss the movie. We concluded Part 1 after the scene of the boys returning back to school from the first Dead Poets' Society meeting (41 minutes). Students completed questions 1-21 of the study guide, we reviewed those questions as a class and we discussed the movie. Students began responding to the LRT blog (homework).

Assignment
  1. Comment on the blog entries Dead Poets' Society--Rip It Out and Dead Poets' Society--Todd.
  2. Read the blog entry Dead Poets' Society--O Captain! My Captain! If you'd like to post a comment, print it out and turn it in to me during class on Friday or Monday for 2 bonus points.
  3. If you have any questions about the movie so far, comment on the blog entry Questions About Dead Poets' Society.
Please remember that all handouts can be downloaded and printed out at www.edline.net.

4 comments:

bakr j-LRT 5/6 A said...

I liked the movie and i though the movie was cool. the frist part i though started out very good.

Jon Buckley said...

I'm glad you liked Part 1. I hope you enjoy the rest of the movie.

grace Q78lrt said...

I thought that the movie was okay it isn't my favorite movie but I don't hate it.

Jon Buckley said...

I hope that you find Part 2 and Part 3 more interesting.